Thursday, August 27, 2009

So, the school year has started, and it has actually been going well. I'm actually surprised to hear myself say that, because not to long ago, I would have done anything to not stay at home. When I enlisted in the Navy, I thought that waiting until january would be a nightmare, that I would wither away before that date. I didn't want to be home, and I didn't want to be at a community college. 
I enjoyed my independence while at Impact, and while I was there, I looked forward to attending a college where i would begin to make a transition to living on my own.  Those plans obviously changed. 
Now, the reason I didn't want to be at home this semester was not because of my family, it was more my friends. I was afraid that they would drag me down, like they had in the past. And, my fear became a reality. However, I realized something from this whole situation. You can't let fear keep you from doing something, because a lot of times whatever you fear, you end up tripping over it, one way or another. I also learned that God had me stay home so I could learn an important lesson: I can't do anything without God. Without Him, I will fall prey to temptations, I should have no problem with. 
I know that sounds simple, and it's not very profound, but that's what I learned. I mean, I don't have people from Impact, or even good influences around me enough to help me when I am faced with a moral choice. So, the only voices I hear are, "Do it. It's okay. You're gonna be starting college soon, and going into the Navy, so just have fun." What do you do? Well, you have to depend on God, you can't depend on people, and I'm not saying anyone let me down, but there weren't any godly influences around to push me to do the right thing.
But I learned my lesson, the hard way, but I learned it all the same. And through it all, I have realized God's goodness and mercy and grace are just incomprehensible. God's love is so huge, so....I don't know, awesome I guess. Anyways, that's kinda my update for now.

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." -Ephesians 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment